Thursday, March 12, 2009

We Be Jammin'

Fact of life: I like shopping online. In fact, my dorm nickname is "Shopaholic" (People were deciding between Fashionista and Shopaholic, and found the latter more fitting... hmm.)--quite self-explanatory. Another fact of life: I love music.

So how do I combine my two avid loves and produce a marvelous lovechild?

I listen to music while I shop. (Doh!)

Here's my typical playlist, fitting to my mood:

1. Here in Your Arms - Hellogoodbye
Embrace the start of your shopping spree.

2. Born to Make You Happy - Britney Spears
You shop because shopping makes you happy. And your shopping makes the retailers happy. Win-win situation? I think so.

3. Hero - Mariah Carey
Because when you see that perfect shirt or cute sundress, you want to drop on your knees and worship the designer/retailer.

4. Whatever You Like - T.I.
This one is still a dream for me--and it will come true one day.

5. Starstruck - Lady GaGa / Love Stoned - Justin Timberlake
This one is particularly applicable to me when I browse through Saks. Herve Leger bandage dresses, anyone? Or perhaps a super drool-worthy pair of Loubs?

6. Never Ever - Ciara
Sometimes that adorable tank top just doesn't come in your side, and it's on clearance sale. Bummer. Hope for the best, but anticipate the worst: "[The tank top] ain't ever gonna love you..."

7. Stronger - Kanye West
Especially when I come out of a 3-hour-long browsing session without pulling out the card; resisting temptation makes you/me strong!

8. Lucky - Britney Spears
You see Jessica Alba, Cameron Diaz, and/or Sarah Jessica Parker wearing that awesome outfit... and you just have to have it. You're jealous of their glamorous clothes. And then you remember the tradeoff for fame and celebrity status. Hmm... is it worth it?

9. Forever - Chris Brown
When the anticipated package comes at the perfect time, you just want to hug your new goodies and frolic in the grass. I know I do.

10. I Hate This Part - The Pussycat Dolls
When you're just trying to decide whether you really need another cardigan ("It's in a different cut, I swear!") or another pair of flats ("I don't have this color, despite the 10 pairs I already own!"), or when you're just trying to get through the check-out page.

11. Lace and Leather - Britney Spears
Because edginess and girly chic is sometimes the best way to go.

12. Beautiful Girls - Sean Kingston
You're beautiful. Face it. Clothes complement you, not make you. Remember that.

13. Paris, Tokyo - Lupe Fiasco
I love fashion from other countries; I love traveling; I love grooving to jazzy beats. I personally like the remix even more.

14. Damaged - Danity Kane
Sometimes retail therapy is the key to making you feel better about yourself. Just don't overindulge.

15. I Love College - Asher Roth
Because at times you just need to sit back and laugh at something. This song is pretty funny.

What's your shopping playlist? (I like music, so suggestions are appreciated!)

PS. Just in case you were wondering, here are a (select) few of my favorite music/recording artists: Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Britney Spears, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Asher Roth, Beyonce, Lady GaGa, John Legend, Akon, Flo Rida, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, John Mayer.

Questions, or just some love to send my way? E-mail me. There's no better way.

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice Post, I learned a lot through it. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kanye West Song Stronger is one of my favorite songs, I listen to this song when I am on my shooting range. I like to listen to songs when I do shoot, I have Palmetto State Armory SPRINGFIELD SAINT VICTOR 5.56 16" AR 15 RIFLE, OD GREEN - STV916556G and I buy this at a low price through Palmetto State Armory Discount Codes. I suggest you use this PSA AR 15 on your shooting range and then listen to Stronger - Kanye West.I love this vibe!

    ReplyDelete